Update on kickstarter

Have you seen the open letter to backers from pimax on the kickstarter updates page, they’re doing the right thing and apologising, backers should read it.

5 Likes

That is a long msg, must be Kevin that wrote it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hopefully it’ll herald a new era of better communication from them, at least they’re acknowledging their faults.

1 Like

You must be new here

12 Likes

I saw the update & it sounds really sincere & promising.

Unfortunately words & actions are 2 different things & im not sure if that statement has much in common with the current situation.
questionable backer discount on upgrade plans, limited use vouchers, bad deal on index controller upgrade, loss of a stretch goal, 2 part audio straps with hidden costs, base station delays for those who dont upgrade, low value stretch goal trade in deals, inflated delivery costs, tax no longer included to mention a few.

Actions always speak louder than words

7 Likes

Not really, I get what you’re saying though lol

3 Likes

You’re bang on there, can’t argue with that.

2 Likes

They are not discounts!!

2 Likes

It looks like it was proof-read and edited with additions from someone English speaking, but there is still some chinesey grammar and the message is signed by the CEO (Robin)

@peteo yes not good as backers get a $200 discount same as pre-order for their loyalty.
You can also lose your stretch goals for no positive reason on 1 deal.

1 Like

Its not a discount its a trade in. Your are trading in your stretch goals and downgrade credit (well if you buy 8KX they do give a real $100 “discount”)

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to write the letter communication has always been the biggest issue for me.

1 Like

Yes thats true
I was kind of comparing to the current owner plan which gives the same discount without loss lol.
In reality as you said its not a backer discount, but as we are told it is, its questionable.

1 Like

HAHA, i thought the same thing.

I haven’t even got a pimax headset lol. Brother in law has a 5k+,he wants to use the downgrade credit for index controllers but can’t, what could pimax do now that would make backers happy? Have they gone too far to rectify the situation? I own an index so I’m definitely not here to defend pimax and although they’re trying their best to mess things up, I don’t want them to disappear, backers are the only ones that have a chance to keep them in check by voicing their opinions on this forum but I can understand quite a few have lost patience by now.

1 Like

Rofl hahahah some​:+1::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Lol, This place is addictive, comedy and tradegy.

5 Likes

Yeah, better figure out a better name for yourself. This forum will take your soul, so prepare yourself to spend the rest of your life in here.

3 Likes

One would hope to live longer than the time it takes for Pimax to deliver the full kits to backers but one can never be sure of anything.

Brings to mind that 70+ year old backer asking about delivery just before the may announcement, im betting he wishes he had picked up a vive kit instead of waiting around, if he has.

1 Like

I don’t believe the whole one eye for eye tracking originally thing… that’s… not accurate.