I spent over an hour, trying to get both my base station recognized and my headset tracking enabled. I spent over 30 minutes yesterday getting it to work by repeating the instructions in the wiki over and over again and again, but I finally got it working. It’s failing again today. I am using the last stable driver (.95).
I have repeated the instructions in the wiki again and again and again and again, to no avail. At this point I consider the 8K headset to be not-fit-for-purpose.
Yesterday, once I got it working, I played Elite Dangerous for 3 hours and it was great. Too bad I didn’t get to play tonight.
[ update ] DrWilken suggested I try .109, so I’ll do that and report back. Still no luck. I’ve tried another USB port, which didn’t help. I’ll try more of them later. It’s 3:00am and I’ve been at this for WAY too long. There needs to be a better way of helping a user diagnose and fix this frequently-reported issue!
[ update 2 ] I think I’ve found a solution: Solution for base station and headset not tracking
[ update 3 ] Things went pretty well tonight! I’m going to collect more data on tweaking Elite Dangerous for optimal play on a system like mine (i7 8700K, 16 GB, RTX 2080) and post a proper review focused on ED.
That will likely be a few days from now.
[ update 4 ] My review is below… Updated 8K review, with an emphasis on Elite Dangerous