VoiceAttack Profile for Elite Dangerous

Wondered if any fellow VR Elite Dangerous players would be keen on my VoiceAttack profile which includes KICS voice responses?

If I get a few replies I will host my profile and KICS audio replies and write up a user guide.

Update - Will also be modifying it for latest chapter 4 updates :slight_smile:

Eno

I thought KICS got deprecated and adware infected some years ago.

You should explain what KICS is and offer a link

Defiantly no malware in it… Been using it for about 3 years. As mentioned in last post will be happy to provide links if people are interested. I am not forcing anyone to use it? Just offering a pre configured VA profile.

Without explanation what your KICS is good for, it hardly raises interest then IMO…

Well thanks for that!.. but i was not asking who was NOT interested, i was asking who WAS interested, but thanks for you’re negative comments, albeit unfounded and uninformative. simple google search would of helped you there?!

I thought this already explained it? But if you want more specifics…

KICS is similar to the HTC voice packs you can purchase to add immersion to your VoiceAttack profile - this will give you voice acted responses to any of your voice commands adding to the overall immersion of the game… However KICS is free to use, it was created by Ripley Galactic who unfortunately is no longer developing it and has moved onto newer projects, but the last iteration of KICS was version 4.1. This version of KICS has been made available for ‘general use’ and open so Elite Dangerous players can have a free to use Voice Attack audio reply when initiating commands.

All of the voice responses were voice acted by the developers girlfriend. Her voice has a nice clean English (with a dutch accent) sound, so much better that text to speech for sure!

The original KICS download was available https://alpha-orbital.com/kics however that domain has since expired. Some other Elite Dangerous players have hosted the KICS voice acted files on behalf of Ripley Galactic because they are now hard to find, but usually only the audio files and not the VA profile. This is one of the reasons i offered them due to them being hard to find now.

If you want to see it in action, here is a youtube video on me demoing VoiceAttack and the KICS voice responses, i am showing only about a dozen or so but gives you an idea of how they work!

Eno

I use a heavily modified HCS ASTRA. I also use Ivona AMY as my voice synthesizer when adding TTS responses to my commands because she sounds quite similar to AMY. This way my custom made responses sound the same or close enough.

Thanks for the offer though.

When I get my rig up and running again I’d love to check this out thanks

I just got them missus to buy me a HOTAS to get more into ED. Interested in anything that will add to the immersion thanks :slight_smile:

sure happy to help if its needed

all good @BornToWin, let me know when you have your Hotas setup and i will send you the profile, do you know which Hotas she is getting or is it a Xmas present?

I picked it myself :slight_smile: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Hotas (PC)…although I have to unwrap it when the fat bloke on the sleigh delivers it tomorrow night :wink:

Didn’t want to spend a lot as I’d played ED before and lost interest. Got an Amazon Clearance one for £76.86 :slight_smile: box was a bit scuffed but HOTAS looks brand new.

HOTAS has made a big difference to my ED experience. I’m using Oculus rift. Got about 3m credits now doing haulage and courier jobs, I’m going to do some exploring I think. I’m so bad at combat, I can’t even do the basic combat training mission every time…do I have to build my rep to get offered decent stuff to buy?

You will be offered better missions and rewards depending on your reputation with that faction. Getting to ‘allied’ will give you better and higher paid missions.
But if you need some help and tips on combat, I can probably help you there.

I don’t know about help and tips I don’t have a foggy clue what I’m doing. I keep hitting the wrong button and losing my target, I’m starting to figure out you need to dodge about using the engines, boost and thrusters. It doesn’t come naturally I’m a lover not a fighter :slight_smile:

Is it best to stick to one faction and keep going back to them for missions to build rep then?

yes if you are wanting higher paid and better missions increasing your rank with that faction is the way to go.

but that’s not the be-all and end-all… if you are wanting to rank up in the federation or imperial Navy for instance, then start doing missions with a faction that is aligned with that power… as in… do missions for the federation to increase your rank with then, the same can be said for the imperial navy.

or if your interested in getting upgrades to your ship then you may want to work on unlocking the engineers (if you have horizons pack) so you can improve your ships performance… i.e. fsd drive or engines or scanners etc if your goal is on exploration?

there are so many things you can do in that game its hard to say you need to do 1 specific thing… but reputation building is good for 1. improving faction rank, 2. improving ‘station’ faction reputation for better missions, 3. improving your chances of better mission payouts and rewards

Eno

Ah, I hit Scout statu and got a notification from Felicity Farseer, I just ignored it as I didn’t realise what it was. i’ll go find her tonight.

Err she’s a bloody long way from Eravate which is where I’m based at the moment…42 jumps…

Felicity Farseer can engineer the following

she is good at engineering frame shift drives and can go to grade 5!

You can look at this website and work out what you need to take for each of the engineering levels.
https://ed-board.net/en/?m=engineer.modification&n=fsd-increased-fsd-range

Eno

Apparently I need to donate 1 meta alloy to get her, the trip to Maia where it’s sold is unplottable because it’s so far away…

Wouldn’t mind but I took what looked like a great job, £1.5m credits, 3 jumps … Hutton Orbital. Maybe I should read up a bit more before accepting missions lol. It says 16 minutes left to get there, I stupidly chose open play so I hope I don’t run into a briefer when I get there…

its fine, you can switch into solo play if you want and it lets you keep your missions in tact. I would suggest that you buy and equip a Asp Explorer for long range jump range before you jump to Felicity. that way it will reduce your jumps when your ready.

Might i suggest if you wish to continue this discussion we do it in PM not on open forums, im sure that the rest of the community dont want to hear all this :wink:

Eno