What is the price for the Stretch Goals?

How much is the Price for the Stretch Goals?

In Upgrade Plan G:
Out from Goals 200 $
Keep Goals 450 $

So the Difference is 250$? Right?

1 Like

Interesting while 5k+, 8k backer get value around $50 of stretch goal for discount.

5 Likes

Yepp, this discrepancy also leaves me puzzled. Perhaps 8k X pledgers get a separate MAS and Comfort kit for the loaner when taking the $450 option? And for the $50 they don’t subtract the MAS and Comfort kit price when opting out of stretch goals because upgraders actually still get both, as MAS and comfort kit are part of all new headsets you can upgrade to.
Then it would make more sense… Clarification would be helpful!
@Matthew.Xu @SweViver @PimaxUSA

But the Strech Goals were the same for 5K, 8K and 8KX, or am I wrong?

Technically afaik yes. Some of the stretch goals are incorporated into the newer headsets though (afaik Vision 8k+ and Vision 8k X will always come with MAS and Comfort Kit now). So it might make sense that they reduced the discount for the upgrades accordingly, because people aren’t really opting out of all stretch goals but still get the ones that are now part of the headsets.
But that would mean the price of at least the MAS would have to be subtracted no matter whether you opt out from stretch goals or not, because it is part of the price of the 8k+ and 8k X now, so backers with the right to stretch goals should not have to pay the price increase this means for 8k+ and 8k X.
As said, all a little unclear to me.
Just giving all backers coupons with the worth of the stretch goals for which they can get whatever they want (being it the stretch goals or something else) might have been way more transparent…

No those are part of the new HMD regardless if you opt out of the stretch goals or not. It probably comes down to how much the HMD costs to make and how much money the “discount” will cost pimax over all. I.E. most people bought the 8k and downgraded to 5k+ so to minimize the impact of the $100 downgrade credit for the 2976 people that backed they give you less money for the forfeit of the stretch goals.

@PimaxUSA
@Matthew.Xu
@SweViver
Can you give us the correct price please.

But in this case if you upgrade but don’t opt out you wind up with 2 MAS (one on the + or X) plus the one you receive. You also get an extra foam (for your old headset) but also a Vision Comfort Kit on the + or X. The $99 eye tracking gets you two eye trackers plus the prescription lens adapter.

That leaves the free pieces of content, fans and the wireless coupon that aren’t duplicated. It turned out a lot of people weren’t interested in those 3 pieces but most interested in the mas, the comfort kit and eye tracking etc. and presumably that’s why such a high percentage have opted for the upgrade.

I think it comes down to what you want to happen to your original headset. Add the accessories or just outright get the primary ones that are naturally included with the + and X.

@PimaxUSA Thanks for confirming that we get a second MAS when having backed a 8k X and not opting out of the stretch goals, that explains part of the $250 that we 8k X backers have to additionally pay when keeping both loaner and stretch goals.
Can you please give some rationale for the $50 vs $250 difference between opting out of stretch goals when upgrading to an 8k + or X vs already having pledged for an 8k X and opting for keeping the loaner and the stretch goals? Wouldn’t Pimax send/not send the same amount of stretch goal items in both cases (1x of each stretch goal no matter whether contained in the + or X if not opting out of them) but at quite different prices?

1 Like

If I understand you right why wouldn’t you just return the loaner and pay nothing? Your options are quite good as you can get a headset we currently sell on amazon for $699 on Plan G for just $200 (not $250) and wind up with the most valuable stretch goals anyway.

@PimaxUSA Sorry for the Question again, i am a Backer of the 8K (+2 Base Stations). How much reduction do you offer me if I do not take the stretch goals?

1 Like

@PimaxUSA Think I start to understand the options for 8k X backers (sorry for being slow). Also think the 8k X deal is the most favourable, people in this thread are trying to find out the value of stretch goals in an absolute manner though, as they seem to be valued differently in different plans what leads to confusion.

So here my understanding:
If I am an 8k X pledger I have three options:
a) pay nothing additional, return the loaner, get 1x 8k X with Comfort Kit, 1x MAS (which is part of 8k X now), 1x additional face cushion (for the comfort kit), 1x wireless discount, 1x games 1x eye tracking discount, 1x fan
b) pay $200 additional, keep the loaner, get 1x 8k X with Comfort Kit, 1x MAS (which is part of the 8k X), 1x eye tracking discount.
c) pay $450 additional, keep the loaner, get 1x 8k X with Comfort Kit, 2x MAS (the one that is part of the 8k X and an extra one for the loaner), 1x additional face cushion of choice (either for comfort kit for 8kX or
standard for loaner), 1x wireless discount, 1x games, 1x eye tracking discount, 1x fan.
Thus the worth of 1x MAS + 1x wireless + 1x games + 1x fan = $250 (all stretch goals without eye tracking)

A 5k+ backer who only backed for the headset and wants to upgrade to the 8k X has two options:
a) pay $1099 to take the current customers update plan, keep the 5k+, get the 8k X with Comfort Kit, 2x MAS (the one that is part of the 8k X and an extra one from the stretch goal), 1x additional face cushion of choice (either for comfort kit or standard), 1x wireless discount, 1x games, 1x eye tracking discount, 1x fan
b) pay $1099 to take plan d, keep the 5k+, get the 8k X with Comfort Kit, 1x MAS (the one that is part of the 8k X), 1x eye tracking discount. Thus the worth of 1x MAS + 1x wireless + 1x games + 1x fan = $0 (all stretch goals without eye tracking)

And so on for the other plans (for plan c the stretch goal value is $50 as far as I remember)

Is this understanding right?

According to this the value of 1x MAS + 1x wireless + 1x games + 1x fan seems to differ between $0 and $250.
Now that I know that we indeed get 2x MAS in the $450 option of plan G (in contrary to x1 in the two others) I think all three options for 8k X backers have a plausible price. So for me personally this case is solved.
But I also understand why the others are still scratching their head…

Edit: Ah, all upgrade plans are down in the shop now. So the cards seem to be mixed new, probably all makes sense soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@PimaxUSA: Can you give me an answer, please.

1 Like

To test any scenario just go to the cart and click the options you want. You can even take it all the way to the payment section without actually paying anything. You can quickly test all the prices this way very quickly.

1 Like

So what scenario i have to choose to see the price of the stretch goals? The only Plan where i see the difference is Plan G. So is this the right one? (250 $ for the stretch goals)

You don’t choose the price of stretch goals on any plan. It all depends on what you backed, if you are trying to upgrade and if so what you want to upgrade to.

?
Yes I think I would want my new HMD to come with a MAS and my OLD hdm to have the MAS too since it part of the stretch goal. Why would I not want this?

We already get the prescription lens adapter with our stretch goal. Obviously if i get the eye tracking and I have 2 hmd’s I’d want the prescription lens adapter for both.

That’s not an answer to his question he asked why are the stretch goals worth different amounts on these plans. On the C plan stretch goals are worth $50.

2 Likes

I do not want to be rude, but what’s so bad about it being the price (so what you’ve calculated if a backer does not take the stretch goals)? There must be a value for it, you have not thought it up :slight_smile:

It cannot be explained better, but it seems clear that Pimaxusa does not want to understand it. Let’s see if he understands:

@Pimaxusa, can you explain why at the time of paying for the strech goals they cost $ 250 (plan G), but at the time of discounting them they are only worth $ 100 (plan A, B, C, D)?

Thank you

1 Like