I see no valid reason why I couldn’t use the 100$ coupon for base station:
Can’t be sold separately ? -> not the case here, it would be sold with the headset of my pledge so I consider this being a bundle sale as required by your base station supplier
Pledges with only headset where a base station was added as an additional accessory (by manually adding the corresponding money) not considered as bundle sale ? -> you see the contradiction if this was true ? Why then would I have been able to add a base station at the time of the kickstarter and why wouldn’t it be possible to add more now ?
You have already ordered the amount of base stations corresponding to kickstarter pledges -> not a valid argument because you are going to make further base station orders for commercial sales. So you can let me use the coupon to add a base station now even if I would have to wait to receive this 2nd base station. You can ship my headset with the base station I initially added to my pledge at the time of the KS and only send later the 2nd base station added with the coupon.
The only other plausible reason I can imagine for not allowing to use the coupon for base station would be pimax trying to minimize the hit of this coupon on their bank account, because a coupon used for base stations you just buy from 3rd party supplier will cost you more than a coupon used for items you are manufacturing yourself, making a larger profit margin on those items. I hope this is not the real reason behind this coupon restriction you want to impose, that would really not be nice at all regarding all the bakers who supported you.
Regarding the other options, I’m not interested in any other items you are manufacturing and you want to restrict the coupon to. I “may” be interested by those other items later, but this is clearly not my priority now.
My priority now is to add a 2nd base station to my pledge with the coupon redeemed for switching to 5K+.
Once I have secured this 2nd base station my next priority will be controllers. And for this I want to leave my options open to be able to chose between knuckles and pimax controllers. I won’t decide this now because none is currently available nor have a definitive availability date. I will wait to see what will happen with those controllers, if both knuckles and pimax controllers were available at the same time then I would compare their quality and price and make my decision upon that. Or if one become available and the other remains uncertain I may just opt for the first being available as long as the quality and design are ok for me.
But this controller decision will be future decision, it is not the time for me to wonder about that yet. Too much uncertainty about those controllers at the moment to be able to make any rational choice.
My only priority now is the secure a second base station and I would find completely abormal to not be able to use the coupon for that. Because the value of this coupon represents real money I (we) gave you when we baked for the 8K. Those 100$ were fully removed from my (our) bank account(s). With those 100$ we could have added an additionnal base station to our pledges at the time of the KS, so there is no reason why I should now accept this money would be restricted to only add items you are manufacturing.
Again I understand you have already ordered the quantity of base stations corresponding to the kickstarter and you cannot renegociate this quantity with your supplier. But I’m not requesting this. I just want to be able to use the coupon to add a 2nd base station to my pledge and I’m ok to receive this additionnal base station later, when you have made new base stations orders for your upcoming bundle sales. Doesn’t this sound fair request xunshu ?