Will Pimax 8k feature a blue light filter?

After I try the samsung odyssey and some game show white image, I notice some black spot on my left eye while I never seen on other display. After that I found that my eye is vitreous floater. I have never know about this and I think the samsung odyssey has much brightness for me and not safe for using in a long time. Now I always notice floater when looking at white colour or blue sky.

I am not sure about pimax 8k display and lenses. Do I need using prescription lenses and use blue cut lenses for protection?
@xunshu

@Heliosurge I an not sure this is in what categories, it can’t be see in any categories. Can you move the topic thanks.

This is blueguard for vive.

Good question on blue light protection. Your Odyssy experience does tpuch on the Artulce though on Oled being potenially worst for blue light due to ewch pixel being emissive.

Lcd led backlighting can be high but it is filtered through the panel (transmissive).

But be good to hear pn what blue light protections/reductions pimax is employing.

Put it in 8k category as it is directly related. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

A quick search found me this http://blutechlenses.com/ It looks like they make contact lenses which filter blue light and can even be made non-prescription in case you don’t need vision correction. I would ask your local optometrist.

There is also a variety if computwr/gaming glasses.

All of the ones I’ve tried shade everything in yellow…

The yellow is for improving contrast & such. The lenses can be pretty much clear as its just polarized.

Here is a cheap pair i bought.

“Exposure to the blue light spectrum can cause serious long-term damage to your eyes” (Edit, I guess high concentrations of blue light may cause damage to your eyes) Sure the sun’s blue light might be damaging, but they’re wording it in a context that makes it sound like they know that blue light from computer screens can “cause serious long-term damage to your eyes.” (Edit, I guess it is worded correctly)

I’m not a doctor, but did lose an eye to cancer. While they can’t say it’s light that caused it (can you imagine the trial to prove/disprove that?), it’s really the only known cause of melanoma. UV light is the most damaging, but blue light also carries a lot of energy that can damage tissue (and if you’re unlucky that tissue can be the DNA that keeps cells from becoming tumors).

The amount of blue light that screes emit is nothing compared to the amount the sun does. Iirc, it’s something like 1% for oled and 3% for lcd screens. Here’s an article about blue light. https://www.allure.com/story/how-blue-light-affects-eyes

“Theoretically, this high-energy light has the potential to cause damage to certain eye tissues, says Khan. But these effects are probably being blown way out of proportion, she says. First of all, the blue light you’re exposed to from your screens all day doesn’t compare to the exposure you get naturally from the sun.” That quote is from Tanya Khan. An ophthalmologist.

The sun > my screen is a fair point. But also, from the article: “As light enters the eye, the lens blocks some penetration of blue light.” This is is how you get cataracts. I doubt anyone will have any problems with this, but it’s not a non-issue (sorta sorry for the double negative).

Remember the amount of blue light your eye is blocking from screens is probably tiny, compared to the amount it would absorb from the sun. This is due to screens emitting far less blue light than the sun. I really doubt you’ll get cataracts from using a modern computer monitor, or even a vr headset.

Wording. “Can, may, might” not definitive but most will not interpet it as possible.

Bare in mind though while during daytime hours blue light might not be truly detrimental. However blue light does tell the body not to produce melatonin of which helps the body relax & prep for rem sleep.

While blue light shouldn’t be a big issue if the body gets proper amount of rest for regeneration. Long term is unknown only guess work.

(edit, I guess they did word it correctly)

“Can” doesn’t mean “will.” Nor does it speak to the likelihood of something bad happening. It just means it’s possible. Which it is. There’s no body of research to say it isn’t possible, but most doctors think it’s an unlikely scenario. Blue light & UV are both known to cause harm to eyes, but what the safe levels of exposure are is unknown. I stand by what I said previously ( “I doubt anyone will have any problems with this”) though.

I would by careful before any fast conclusion, your eyes a more sensitive to green and yellow wave length, your iris will contract and received a smaller amount of UVA UBA and violet and it’s neighbor blue light vs the full illumination of the sun outside, a quick search tell me that our eyes seems to be able to accommodate by a factor of 16x.

So if your accommodation ratio in the LCD headset is let say 4x vs outside you will receiving 12% of BL sun illumination equivalent for maybe a longer period in VR. Outside ophthalmologist recommend good sun shades

Just saying, I would not take anything for granted at this point. If I take some distance from my VR enthusiasm self I don’t think it’s a great healthy idea to strap 2 light bulbs at 3 inch of my eyes.

Amd’s study did say synthetic & such but yeah ppl read & interpet more often then reading correctly.

No. Natural outside sunlight has more blue light than you’ll ever get from digital screens.