Woojer haptic vest

Just have become a backer for an early bird haptic vest. I wonder how would this vest combine with wide fov of pimax. Skyrim with haptic feedback? What do you think

Dr.sam never heard of the Woojer haptic vest. Last haptic vest I tried to order said they were no longer making them so I’m very interested and will have to take a look on kickstarter for them.

I posted this a while back but the post was moved out of the 8k category within minutes.
I’ve backed it. It looks like it will really add to the immersion of vr.
One good thing about it in my opinion is that it can work off of the sound output, so although the feedback wouldn’t be as good as if it was implemented in a game by the devs, it will Still give general feedback in any game. Cant remember if it will give 5.1 or just 2 ch but will be good either way.
As I used to run tactile transducers like this on a SIM rig, I know it actually still feels pretty damn good.
I also backed yaw vr a while back, so I’m thinking pimax + yaw vr + woojer ryg = lots of fun

I think they are already in the pre-production phase. Shipments of early birds in december. Its interesting that the weather effects could be felt, such as rain drops. So imagine walking in the forest vr or in skyrim and being able to feel the enviroment. Pretty exciting tbh

Yes it seems more like a pre order than a Kickstarter.
What I liked is they said they won’t offer stretch goals because they want to put everything into getting the vests manufactured & delivered very soon.

i dont trust it because there is like 0 real reviews of it. its all woojer sponsored reviews

Check vrfocus. They arent new in this field. Last year they made the strap and they delivered all the backers.

being able to feel bass is a far cry from being able to feel raindrops wind blowing and gunshots

Thats not the vest :expressionless:
Just wanted to show their previous product. The vest doesnt work with “bass”

I used to have the subpar m2. The bass is incredible for vr, it really is. But I really hated the prep work of plugging in the headphones, connecting the vest in two places, tightening it to ensure the bass hit right. But I also hated how hot I felt,

I own something like that (KOR FX). Having haptic feedback driven by the game sounds is not a good idea, few games have the right sounds to extract a coherent LFE track, music and voices often create artifacts. You need a custom API and game support, or we should be able to extract haptic events from SteamVR (I hope one day Valve will provide)

what about subpac m2, anybody got this? I was going to purchase it but it’s not really a haptic vest more like a subwoofer backpack

I have tested most of the Woojer products since the company was born and have to say that was quite unsatisfied of the results, the vibration effects are very raw and the comfort is often questionable, one product even got extremely high heat during use (woojer strap) to the point that it burned to the touch, still haven’s tested their lastest haptic vest from Kickstarter, the Ryg, but considering the past experience…

So my suggestion is, don’t buy before you had a chance to test on your own and see if it suits you well and is enjoyable.